Wireless Networking: Introduction to Bluetooth and WiFi
Comprehensive information on Wireless technologies with focus on Bluetooth and WiFi.
'Wireless Technologies: An introduction to Bluetooth and WiFi' starts from the ground up for a new user and does a gradual progression into the technical details. The technology overview is illustrative to give the reader a holistic overview of the entire wireless industry. There is also a deep dive and exhaustive information into two of the most widespread wireless technologies - Bluetooth and WiFi.
What is inside
- Overview on Wireless Technologies and related taxonomy.
- Technology architectures of Bluetooth and WiFi.
- Comparative Analysis of Bluetooth and WiFi along with lesser known technologies like HyperLand and HomeRF.
- Usage scenarios and a market focussed future outlook.
- [New] Sections on Zigbee and WiMax.
Who is it for
Perfect for readers from both technical and non-technical backgrounds getting started on Wireless as it assumes little technical knowhow from its reader. This book is a great pick to use in an introductory class on Wireless Networks and is being used by few universities around the world.
It is also a great place to start for marketing and industry focussed readers as the book goes beyond the technology and elaborates a more consumer centric, usage focused detail of the industry.